At Pets24 we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal information in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In running and maintaining our website we may with your expression of consent, collect and process the following data about you:
- User information
- Name, email address, the content of the comment or message: this data is collected when you leave a comment and displayed on the Website and when you submit information through a contact form (this information is not displayed on the Website)
- If you leave a comment on the Website, your name and email address will also be saved in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will be saved on your computer until you delete them.
- IP and browser user agent string: this data is collected when you leave a comment.
- Retention period: the aforementioned data is retained indefinitely so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- Personal Information of Children – Pets24 does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information. Although visitors of all ages may navigate through our website, we do not intentionally collect personal information from those under the age of 16. If by following a notification by a parent or guardian, or discovery by other means, a child under 16 has been improperly registered on our site by using false information, we will cancel the child’s account and delete the child’s personal information from our records.
The website uses a minimal build of Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States and allows us to notice trends to improve the user experience on our website. This minimal build processes personal data such as the unique User ID set by Google Analytics, the date and time, the title of the page being viewed, the URL of the page being viewed, the URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page, the screen resolution, the time in local time-zone, the files that were clicked on and downloaded, the links clicked on to an outside domain, the type of device, and the country, region, and city.
You may opt-out of this tracking at any time by activating the “Do Not Track” setting in your browser.
- Embedded content from other websites
Articles/ Posts on the Website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, charts, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor had visited the other website.
If you have left comments on the Website, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we rectify or erase any personal data we hold about you. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is removed upon your withdrawal of consent or your request to terminate these services.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
B. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
C. HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
- Personal information of data subjects in Pets24 possession is safeguarded against unauthorised access and use, disclosure, alteration, damage and/or loss, by the deployment of reasonably practicable organisational and technological safeguards. Pets24 also take reasonable steps to ensure the integrity, accuracy and updating of personal information held by it. Pets24 has implemented adequate access control, encryption, governance practices, and other best practices to protect personal data.
- We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
D. STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
- We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account with Pets24, or as long as it is needed for us to be able to provide the relevant goods or services to you. Pets24 general retention policy is to retain information for 10 years.
- In some circumstances, such as to meet our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may hold on to your personal information after we’ve finished providing services to you, or for longer than our general retention policy.
- Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
D. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
- Third-party Links
- Access to Information
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
E. YOUR RIGHT
- As a user of www.Pets24.co.za you have rights under the Protection Of Personal Information Act (POPI) outlined below. Pets24 will always fully respect your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, and has provided below the details of the person to contact if you have any concerns or questions regarding how we process your data, or if you wish to exercise any rights you have under the POPI Act.
Personal Data shall be processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner. Pets24 will not use personal data for any monitoring or profiling activity or process, and will not adopt any automated decision-making processes.
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, we would prefer you to contact us directly in the first instance so that we can address your complaint. However, you can also contact the Information Regulator via their website at https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/ or write to them at:
- The Information Regulator (South Africa)
- JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
- P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
- Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
- General enquiries email: email@example.com.
F. TRANSFERRING DATA INTERNATIONALLY
In order to provide our goods and services, we may need to transfer your information from your country of residence to another country in the usual course of our business. By dealing with us and submitting your personal information, you agree to the transfer, storage, and/or processing of your personal information outside of your country of residence as set out below.
Transferring outside of the EEA
We may transfer your personal information to a third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’).
Pets24 only transfers your personal information to those third parties where we can be sure that we can protect your privacy and your rights, for example, the third party is located in a country which the EU has deemed to have adequate data protection laws in place, where that third party is certified on the EU-US Privacy Shield or where we have a contract in place with that third party which includes the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses.
H. CONTACT US
Include as much detail as possible to comply with your request.
For further information about Pets24 please visit https://www.pets24.co.za/contact-us
Please view our PAIA Manual here